Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Japanese Gardens

I got a chance to spend some time in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hobart a couple months ago. The gardens are spread out and each area seems to have its own theme, these images are from he Japanese Garden. I didn't have my tripod with me which is a shame because I would have benefited using one on many shots in the garden. This area is quite beautiful and I hope to go back one day, tripod in hand.



Japanese Garden




Japanese Garden



These two shots are fake infrared images. This first image reminded me of the "War of the Worlds" with everything turned red. With the other image I was going for a darker feel. Almost monochromatic but with a hint of colour.



fake IR Japanese Garden




Fake IR Japanese Garden

1 comment:

Kevin Mullins said...

Great images. The Infra Red and BW conversions are very interesting. I'm forever finding myself in places wishing I had my tri-pod with me....it can be a right pain! I used to live within 200yds of Kew Gardens in London and believe it or not, never even went in there! Shame.