Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Golfing weekend

Golf, just another four letter word! It’s the pursuit of perfection but, perfection is unattainable. The sooner one comes to this realization, the more enjoyment you’ll get out of it.

These past couple of weeks has been taken up with qualifying for my golf club championships. I didn’t do very well last year but, this year was much better. I was leading after the first week but, finished up qualifying 3rd. This week we have the quarters, semis and the final. I don’t know how far I’ll get, or if I’ll win the championships, but at least I have a chance.

The 8 qualifiers are: The top half of the draw-
Phil Pears v Duncan MacFarlane
Phil Exton v Matt Millwood
The bottom half of the draw-
Justin Ryan v Duane Morgan
Colin Butterworth v Matt Thomas

It will be a busy weekend for whoever makes it to the final. The quarter finals are on the Saturday and the semi finals and final are on the Sunday. With a bit of luck I might win a third championship.

Speaking of golf….

The new Drummond Golf store is having their grand opening this Saturday 18th. They have been open for several weeks now and, from all accounts, are doing well. The owner/manager is a friend of mine, Michael Jordan. He has spent a few years working for Drummond on the mainland and now he has his own store. A real case of local boy makes good!

Another good friend of mine is one of the sales people in the store, Corey deBruyn.

If you get the chance you should stop in and checkout their fantastic store. As far as I know, Brett Ogle is meant to be there for the opening, so you should stop in and say hello. They are situated at Unit 19, Cambridge Park, 66 Kennedy Drive, Cambridge Tasmania. (Just off the Tasman Highway)

View Larger Map The map doesn't show Cambridge Park, the aerial shots were taken well before it was constructed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck from me too!

I like how you included the google map! Neat.