Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Moonrise over Tasman



Moonrise over Tasman Island, Tasman Peninsula



You might have noticed that I really like the Tasman Peninsula. I've made two trips down there in the last couple of years, and plan to return again in the future.

This shot was taken earlier this year from the deck of Sea Change at Safety Cove. I was in my room getting ready to go out for dinner and after go on the Port Arthur ghost tour, when my host, Rex Mapley, came knocking on my door. He wanted me to see this great view of the moon rising over Tasman Island. I quickly got my gear together and headed out to try and capture it. I couldn't get everything exposed properly so I decided to take two shots and put them together later. The main part of the image was taken with my Nikon D80, while the moon was shot with my Panasonic FZ30.

This shot is the third incarnation. I did the original combo a while ago but, wasn't completely happy with it. Sometime after that I started to tweak it but still wasn't happy. Then last night I had another look at it and NOW I'm happy with the results.

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

wow - i love the 3rd in carnation of this. that moon looks so great! so this is HDR? it was worth re-tweaking this!

Kim Butterworth said...

Thanks Jen!!

The moon is a single image taken with my FZ-30. The rest of the image is HDR. I tried to use just one image but, I couldn't get the range I was looking for. So I went with a three shot HDR! Thankfully, it worked.