Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lilydale Falls

Took a drive to Lilydale, just north of Launceston, today. I wanted to have a look at the waterfalls there and get some photos of them. There are two falls, the Upper and the Lower Lilydale falls. The Lower falls has the largest drop but the Upper falls are just as beautiful.

Situated in the Lilydale falls reserve, about 1.5km's from the town centre. The falls are only a ten minute walk from the car park. The track is well maintained and easy to follow. After a short uphill walk you come to a fork in the track. Going left will take you to the Upper falls, the right goes down to the Lower falls.

Upper Falls



Lower Falls



More images can be seen on my website - Colblue Photography

--------------------


On the way back home I took the scenic route (had no real idea where I was going). I took a couple different roads and finally found myself on a dirt road. I was going fairly slow and as I came over the top of a rise I had to suddenly brake.

There in the middle of the road was a group of Turkeys (called a "rafter"). They slowly moved out of the way and no one was any worse for ware.

It's not something I see every day! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

the falls really came out beautiful Col!